PDA

View Full Version : injector swapping

MadmaX
07-21-2004, 11:09 AM
I understand the injectors in the "I" motors don't swap out with the ETA motors, although I don't know why.

How about the SuperETA motors? They use Motronic 1.1 from the "I" motors, but I see that the injector part number is different from SuperETA to the I's.

The reason I ask. Now that I have a "I" intake manifold for my 2.7i hybrid, it came with the injectors and I was wondering if I could use them right now.

JSF252
07-21-2004, 11:40 AM
The reason you cant use either injectors, is the "i" injectors are High impedence, and the "e" injectors are Low Impedence. It's kind of like saying high or low resistance, but on a A/C circuit, I guess I dont know how to explain it correctly.
Any how, I have the 2.7i already running, and I'm using the "i" ECU and electronics to go along with the "i" injectors. If you're transplanting this engine into an "e" car, then you'll either have to use the "e" injectors (or other after market "low impedence" injectors) or use the "i" ECU which I would recommend. Since you have the "i" head on the car, the engine is wanting to perform like the "i" engine, with a little more torque. If you are using the "e" electronics, I would highly recommend swapping to an "i" ECU and wiring harness. You'll be much happier in the long run.
Josh F.

MadmaX
07-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. So, are SuperETA injectors high or low impedence? Is there a way I can tell?

AdamF
07-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Supereta and I injectors are compatible. It's just the old eta ones you can't use.

MadmaX
07-21-2004, 01:56 PM
An Answer! Adams status my now be moved off "noobie", he's earned it! I don't think status should change solely by number of posts. I think it should be similar to the Catholic church where a certain number of confirmed miracles makes you a saint, etc. For example; I weld my old diff shut, give it to BimmerJim, now I'm "awsome" See.

Post whoring is not a virtue.

chromius_e30
07-22-2004, 11:55 AM
Yep supereta injectors are high impedance, but the reason they have a different part number than the I injectors is because the supereta ones have a lower flow rate at 80%-100% duty cycle....something like 13.6lbs/hr but I cant remember exactly so don't quote me on that.

Bob Loblaw
07-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Nice to see you here, chromius. :)

chromius_e30
07-22-2004, 12:01 PM
yeah, I figured I'd give it a try. A lot of knowlagable people on here. and I think most of them have cars, unlike another unnamed site O:)