PDA

View Full Version : Starting over on my new engine

BloodLine
08-20-2004, 04:55 AM
I had a 1992 M20 (92' 325ic) engine installed into my car in May 03' by My local BMW dealer.
I sold my Autothority performance chip in April 03'.
I sold my old 88' M20 head to Josh Q.

My 1992 M20 is all stock and has 65,300 miles on it.
Since I got some solid cashflow now, I'm going to purchase a Jim C chip and some kind of cone intake kit. Preferably the BMP kit.

My question is: Where the hell can I purchase an effective, sturdy "heatshield" :?: :?:

TriFlow
08-20-2004, 09:02 AM
I know for that motor BMP or bavarianauto for sure has one but I dont know if it fits in the e30..

You could make one out of cardboard then go see someone who knows how to work with aluinimum.. Should cost around the same or less to buy one pre made..

Bob Loblaw
08-20-2004, 09:24 AM
My question is: Where the hell can I purchase an effective, sturdy "heatshield" :?: :?:

Eric Lukas makes a nice one from what I've heard. His website, I believe, is http://lukasbmw.com, but it seems to be down right now.

swartz
08-20-2004, 10:26 AM
i made my own came out really good.

BloodLine
08-21-2004, 02:55 AM
I know of Eric's heatshield.
But was looking for other options. I saw a really nice one for $65 that was custom made all aluminum. It was shaped like te cone filter (like the BMP ones)

BMP and Bavauto do not make any heatshields for the E30 models.
Who knows why.. But they don't. I ordered my brother a 9' BMP all aluminum heatshield for his E28 last summer. Damn that thing is awesome. I'm looking for one like that.

But it looks like I'm going to come up empty handed... So I'll most likley get Eric's heatsheild which is pretty damn good from what I've heard.

lukasbmw
08-28-2004, 04:32 AM
Fellas:

Aluminum is garbage! Metal conducts heat. Plastic or insulated material is the only way to go.

Lukasbmw.com is down right now do to a legal problem. I'm also restructuring my business and plan on kicking some serious ass once it is back up an running.

Until then, PM me if you need anything. My regular e-mail address seems to be giving me problems.

BloodLine
08-28-2004, 04:48 AM
Eric;

Put me down for a heatshield. When can you sell me one?

lukasbmw
08-30-2004, 07:13 PM
Jim,

PM me when you are ready. I'll do $60 shipped for all forum members. Normal price is $60 + shipping.

-Eric

BloodLine
09-03-2004, 03:43 AM
Will do.

Thanks.

Giga Shadow
09-03-2004, 04:00 AM
Tight!

Lukas, is this the one your still using?
http://members.cox.net/lluke1/DSCN2540.JPG
Looks nice. :wink:

Looks like there is alittle gap were the bracket that holds the stock air box, but I don't think there's a way of getting around that unless you cut it off, right?

lukasbmw
09-03-2004, 03:12 PM
The picture posted is my 318is shield. The shield goes all the way to the bracket. It does leave some open space on the side of the car, but you won't see much heat rushing around the entire heatshield and then making it's way backwards into the air box.

At least, not unless you drove backwards with the hood off for more then a few miles. ;)