PDA

View Full Version : swartz's problems...

swartz
08-23-2004, 10:12 PM
ok, did valve adjustment. everything was WAY to tight..losened them up to a loose .010. put it back toghter car wont start.

i have spark.......and my plugs are dripping with gas. flooded like crasy.

all the megasquirt reads right...fuel pressure is right. it just cranks and cranks

so i guess im going to tighten back up the valves and see if it starts.

bimmerjim®
08-23-2004, 11:00 PM
check the injector wires. make shure you didnt pin any of them between the valve cover and head when puting the vavle cover back on

your geting spark, but maybe not at the right time.. witch is weird... im thinking about it.. cant think of what would cause that right now.

bimmerjim®
08-23-2004, 11:09 PM
your computer sucks dude. :lol: another reason for you to move down here so i can fix that damn thing. :lol:

bimmerjim®
08-23-2004, 11:11 PM
alright, seriously dude. fix the comnputer... :lol:

iXer
08-24-2004, 04:44 AM
Even if the valves are adjusted a little loose/firm you should still be able to hear puffs of ignited fuel when you crank. It sounds like you're flooding the car, but that could be from a long time cranking as well.

I remember you doing a compression test, did you do this after you put the head on for the last time and did it turn out ok ?
What is the timing advance during cranking?
Are you running MS'n'S ?

/Mattias

swartz
08-24-2004, 07:57 AM
stock timing. i havent done a comphresion test since i put the head back on

89325iturbo
08-24-2004, 09:34 AM
Well if your spark plugs are dripping with gas thats not good, and will probably keep it from starting. I remember when i first put my 30lb injectors in with no fuel management. The car was way to rich, and would just crank. I would figure out why it has so much gas on the plugs. Try putting in a new set in, and see if anything changes.

Like other people said having valves too tight or too loose won't keep it from starting.