PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Smell

howzer
01-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey, I get a fuel smell in the cabin when I have my heater on only at idle. I've replaced the rubber fuel return/delivery lines, The lines to the charcoal canister seems to be ok. What else could it be? A leaky injector maybe, how do you test them? Its weird because I only smell it when Im at a red light / complete stop. Thnx! Im taking it in asap. Thursday, just wonder any heads up ideas?

TriFlow
01-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Check your gas tank for holes or wet spots.

howzer
01-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Would I be able to smell it in the cabin *only* when I turn the heat on? I thought heat came from the engine bay area only, figured the problem lies there.... But Imma have my mechanic check it all out.

TriFlow
01-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Get it looked at fast if you think its coming from your engine bay.

I've heard storys of people fuel line cracking when they were driving and spraying all over there hot engine BOOM :(

white_rabbit
01-12-2004, 09:05 PM
spraying all over there hot engine BOOM :(

nice!

Mikes87IS
10-30-2007, 09:45 PM
I had a similar problem recently. replaced the return supply lines, and I think its pretty much gone. I actually found out that there was a recall for a very small # of early e30's with the "i" motor. It was a problem with the charcoal canister and purge valve. Ironically, according to my VIN # my car was/is one of the affected e30s. I'm gonna swipe a nother canister/purge valve from an '89 parts car at work with only 100k on it and see if i find a difference. So, if your SURE none of your fuel lines are leaking, I'd suspect the canister & purge valve.

325eTurbo
10-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Get it looked at fast if you think its coming from your engine bay.

I've heard storys of people fuel line cracking when they were driving and spraying all over there hot engine BOOM :(

yep above the intake manifold mine was leaking onto my exhaust manifold sweet.