PDA

View Full Version : exhaust options?

fowacee
02-09-2007, 02:50 PM
i'm looking to pick up a catback for my 325i. i'm looking more for sound here since i'm obviously won't be gaining any extremely significant hp from an exhaust. i'd like a triflo but $800 is pretty pricey, i've also been looking at remus. so i was wondering what sounds the best that you guys have heard. i want it to be loud, but not drone. any suggestions?

87-325iC
02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
alotof people will say go custom, but its hard to get an idea of the definite sound you'll get with that, though its usually th echeapest route.

i have an IE (bmw2002.com) catback, and its 100% stock fitment, its just a little bit louder and deepr than stock, but it is not rice.

then theres those other companies selling 1000 dollar exhausts, for the supposed "tuned sound"

i think the stock rusted muffler sounded good though.

killa325i
02-09-2007, 07:10 PM
i have a Stebro cat back, its between the IE and Supersprint as far as $$$ go ( i think i paid $595+shipping). the sound is fantastic. no drone, little deeper at idle and cruising RPM's, and absolutely roars at high RPM :smt035 . direct fit, lifetime warranty, and a year later no rust whatsoever. i believe egk2 had one as well. to bad that f'n tool has his car now. check out Stebro you wont be dissapointed.

bmwdude
02-09-2007, 07:16 PM
i have a Stebro cat back, its between the IE and Supersprint as far as $$$ go ( i think i paid $595+shipping). the sound is fantastic. no drone, little deeper at idle and cruising RPM's, and absolutely roars at high RPM :smt035 . direct fit, lifetime warranty, and a year later no rust whatsoever. i believe egk2 had one as well. to bad that f'n tool has his car now. check out Stebro you wont be dissapointed.Don't hear that much about them, but that means nothing of course. A buddy of mine installed a Stebro catback on his E34 M5, and it's EXACTLY as you described! WOT is where this thing comes to life soundtrack wise!

Speaking of $$$ exhausts and ones we don't hear much of. I'm still waiting to hear of someone with an Eisenmann exhaust, particularly the Race version, not Sport. I'm dying to hear one of these or at least a nice written description.

dom
02-09-2007, 08:17 PM
eisenmann is $$$, as well as triflow and remus....

personally, I think you're just buying the sound. I'd much rather prefer a custom setup of some sort. much better sound to money ratio :razz:

superj
02-09-2007, 10:32 PM
straight pipes are cool

bastianshaw
02-09-2007, 11:20 PM
what is this droning evryone talks of?
its like harmonics right or resonence

fowacee
02-09-2007, 11:24 PM
i wish i had the tools to fab my own exhaust but unfortunately that's not the case. i'll definitely check out stebro though. you should post a sound clip!

dom
02-09-2007, 11:36 PM
if you have a muffler shop nearby, you could always have them set you up with a catback.

QuadMODrophenia
02-10-2007, 02:07 AM
I was just about to start a separate post but I think it'll fit here.
Just found this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E30-STAINLESS-CATBACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ002QQitem Z120056196057QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
Looks to be an almost exact replica of the IE unit for a fraction of the cost, I'm still a bit worried about it just on the lack of name or quality though.