View Full Version : Valve Compressor

02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
What valve compressor you guys using. In the bentley manual it just says that your going to need speciality tools from bmw or buy a new refurbished head.

Being that this is a diy project I dont have that option....wanted to know if you could buy this tool from sears or amazon...

Or possibly rent from somewhere...


02-19-2007, 03:56 PM
you can rent specialty tools like that from many big auto parts stores like kragen or autozone. most the time all you have to do is put down a deposit.

03-18-2007, 12:56 AM
I got mine from Sears...

Sears item #00999887000 Mfr. model #KDS385

03-18-2007, 11:33 AM
You mean valve spring compressor? I got mine from sears. Prolly the one just posted above.

As a note, the exhaust manifolds can still be in place, but the intake manifold has to be off in order to remove the springs.

03-18-2007, 06:56 PM
I used a Snap On one that I borrowed from my friend for my m10. They are a pretty universal tool.