PDA

View Full Version : Got some mid rpm ping; did Sea Foam already.

avalanche011
02-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been having some pinging issue at mid rpm in high gears on the freeway. I just did the hot saok sea foam treatment. THe car is way smoother now and the throttle response is much better. However, I don't think it helped the pinging if any. Anyone have any insight on this? I don't mind searching more, I did get the sea foam idea from searching. More keywords to search by would definitely help too. Thanks guys.

EDIT: BTW, I found that I have an exhaust leaks from the exhaust manifold. Could this be a contributor to the pinging? Looks like a new exhaust manifold gasket time.

avalanche011
02-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to update everyone. The sea foam did it! Pinging is gone! I guess it just needed some time to do its thing! Still a 1/4 tank more of the mixture to go.

CloneMcabrio
03-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Do you have a performance chip on your car, if you do it will require high octane gas.
HTH, MIke

bmwdude
03-17-2007, 12:10 AM
I truly hope it's gone, and the seafoam did the trick, but....

If the pinging comes back..I'll be here for you :wink:

Restoman
03-17-2007, 01:36 AM
The exhaust gasket definitely needs to be replaced. That will affect o2 readings and cause build up of carbon from running the incorrect fuel ratio. This might be why you needed to run the Seafoam in the first place.