PDA

View Full Version : daily driver no start died while driving

no rice
02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
on my home yesterday driving doing about 80mph on the highway and it just died pulled over went to crank all that happened was the motor turned over. Let the car sit for about 10 mins and tired again fired got to about 500rpm and then just died did this twice. Got the car towed to my house and it started but idled rough like a miss or something. Now the next day just got home went to go and try to start nothing just turns over... any suggestions on where to start???

TIA

superj
02-28-2007, 09:28 PM
is your afm reading right? you need a volt meter to check it.

no rice
02-28-2007, 10:32 PM
is the procedure to check the afm in the bently?

rjc
03-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Hi

When the engine died did you notice if the tachometer dropped to zero. That usually indicates the ECU relay is defective.

If the econometer shows a fuel cut, the problem is with the air flow meter and if the tacho and econometer didn't show any fluctuations then it is usually the fuel pump or relay.

protomor
03-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Id bet your fuel pump is dying/dead. there is also an off chance something is stuck in your fuel filter and now and then its obstructing it. So... replace it and if that doesnt fix it when you do, youll have better fuel economy :)

Forced325
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Major air leak between the AFM and throttle body?

no rice
03-02-2007, 12:18 AM
the tach read 3500 and was dropping as the engine was not runing but it was still in gear... my first thought was did i seize it but it cranks and sounds normal

mr-siv
03-16-2007, 07:01 AM
your alternators probably dead. see how many volts the battery has. if that is the problem, don't get one of the parts store alternators the suck huge balls. mine died in 4 months

- jason

RIPDOT
03-16-2007, 09:47 AM
First and foremost, Check your Main relay and Fuel pump relay. Always check for voltage at the post where the secondary wire feed from the battery is. THen look elsewhere but I have seen this too many times.