PDA

View Full Version : where is the sticky for....

TS325IS
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
where is the sticky for the m30 afm adjustments , I just put one in and loosened the spring about 7 clicks to the left and turned the allen screw all the way in and back out 2 turns , it runs fine but now i have a check engine code of 1222 , anyone know? thanks.

mattd860
03-06-2007, 08:15 PM
where is the sticky for the m30 afm adjustments , I just put one in and loosened the spring about 7 clicks to the left and turned the allen screw all the way in and back out 2 turns , it runs fine but now i have a check engine code of 1222 , anyone know? thanks.

I don't know where the post for the m30afm ajustment but just do a search - even on yahoo.

However, why did you adjust the allen screw? Everywhere i've read info on the m30 upgrade it didn't say to adjust the screw. You aren't and should never need to touch it. I am 99% sure this is your problem, not the afm flap adjustment. Unfortunately for you, there is no correct procedure for ajusting the screw so if it's out of wack, there's no way to put it back to the stock position. You could try to adjust it while the car is on and see if the code goes away but I doubt it will.

fretburnr
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
not sure, as i didn't have to adjust mine at all.

1222 is Lambda Control - the 02 sensor. whenever i've switched back and forth from the m30 afm and stock, i get that for a bit until i drive around and the ecu learns to trim the fuel as necessary.

then again, i don't know how old my 02 sensor is... it's getting changed shortly.

bottlecape30
03-06-2007, 08:43 PM
the screw ajust the richness of the mixture at idle and nothing else.
I usally advise aginst ajusting the wheel inside,but some cars need to to run right. If you ajust the screw you should really have a AFR gauge so you can tell what your doing.
There is not set way each car will be different.

TS325IS
03-06-2007, 08:46 PM
has a new o2 sensor, and i had to turn the allen in to get the car to run, i know where the setting was before i turned it , thats why you count howmany turns and know where you start, it is the 027 afm , but i read it somewhere, thanks anyway.

87-325iC
03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
i know which one your talking about..
http://davelength.net/

click: cabrio > mods/articles > AFM

Shifty
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
the 1222 code specifically means that hthe EGO heater on the o2 sensor is either bad, going bad or you're running too lean.

I just fixed a nasty vaccum leak at my intake manifold. when it was leaking i got that same error code. the "Check Engine" light would come on after idling for more that 15 seconds, if i rev the motor to 1500 rpms and left off the throttle the light would go out for about 15 seconds.

I assume you are having the same issue as far as the symptoms.

Since you changed your AFM and this started we can assume the o2 sensor is still good. I firmly believe you are running way too lean. you may want to re-adjust your AFM settings.

also, are you running upgraded injectors? 19 or 24lbs injectors?
having more air isn't going to get you more power unless you can add more fuel.

TS325IS
03-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks for all the replies, i found my air leak on my makeshift air tube between afm and intake boot , got that fixed and also , I googled "M30 afm adjustment " and found a really detailed write up with pictures on how to tune this mod , it works awsome. recomend it , and i dont have bigger injectors yet , but i can tell a difference from 2,000 rpm and up . thanks for the help.