PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions - New e30 owner!

dinanm3atl
03-07-2007, 12:27 AM
So my 1999 BMW M3 is retired to the garage! Finally!

It is replaced by this!!!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/My%20new%20e30/e30side.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/My%20new%20e30/e30rear.jpg

So there are a couple problems with it.

1 - RSM needs replacement. No big deal. Just ordered the repair shop ones. Not modding it just yet so it should be fine.

2 - Sometimes when it starts it will not drop high idle. Just stays around 1200 and runs perfect there. The times it drops it goes down to around 700-800 and it runs like a champ. Whether the idle stays high or drops it runs like a top!

3 - The under panel on the driver side where all the peddles are hangs down what seems to be low. I have to use the toes only to shift. Otherwise shoe gets caught. Is this common? Way to fix it?

Otherwise runs like a damn champ!

Introduction post in the main forum! Looking forward to becoming good friends and learn some e30 knowledge. I have good e36 knowledge. This is my first e30 and looks like a lot of fun!

rthor234
03-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Welcome to E30tech! Glad to see that you added an E30, particularly an alpineweiss one! I love your E36, I'm sure that this one will turn out just as nice.

nomade30
03-07-2007, 01:07 AM
anyone else think that car is calling for tinted rear lights and a black mtech spoiler??? haha i wish i had a aplinewesis or however you spell it just so i could do black details. And you lucky biatch you got plastics Good job on finding it. Nice car umm with the interior panel thing i don't under stand what you mean. When i had mine on there(took it off because it's broken and taped and looks like shit) it didn't even get close to the pedals. But i also use my toes to shift anyways most of the time because i got use to driving a mk1 with some aftermarket pedals that literaty are like 2mm apart. I drove it for like 2 days and ever since that i use my toes

dinanm3atl
03-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Welcome to E30tech! Glad to see that you added an E30, particularly an alpineweiss one! I love your E36, I'm sure that this one will turn out just as nice.

Thanks! I think I want to go with the same theme!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/Oct%2024th%20Shoot/Oct24th3.jpg

Any ideas guys on the small issues I have?

Just ordered RSM's and the yellow Lamin-x tomorrow!

dinanm3atl
03-07-2007, 01:09 AM
anyone else think that car is calling for tinted rear lights and a black mtech spoiler??? haha i wish i had a aplinewesis or however you spell it just so i could do black details. And you lucky biatch you got plastics Good job on finding it. Nice car umm with the interior panel thing i don't under stand what you mean. When i had mine on there(took it off because it's broken and taped and looks like shit) it didn't even get close to the pedals. But i also use my toes to shift anyways most of the time because i got use to driving a mk1 with some aftermarket pedals that literaty are like 2mm apart. I drove it for like 2 days and ever since that i use my toes

Guess I could just remove it. What is happening is it just plain hangs too low. It is obstructing the peddles! ](*,)

rthor234
03-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Just look at the dash under-cover. It is fairly simple to see where everything goes. I think the longer pieces are supposed to rest on the pedal bracket, but I cant remember off the top of my head.

I had the same problem though. The cover fell while driving because those little pin/screw looking things popped out!! It was resting on my feet, needless to say, it bothered me pretty badly.

Dominic49
03-07-2007, 01:23 AM
damnit whats with everyone in atlanta getting an e30? :-P

welcome aboard dinanm3atl.... I'll be up at autofab in the next week or two (whenever my refund check shows) getting a rear strutbar welded in.....

dinanm3atl
03-07-2007, 01:38 AM
sounds like a plan.

I am going to look at the under panel tomorrow when I get it in the garage!

fretburnr
03-07-2007, 03:39 AM
nice cars!

the underpanel is 2 pieces, the far-under panel (above the pedals) and the knee bolster.

the knee bolster is secured to the dash with phillips screws, and the underpanel slides into metal clips at the firewall (3-prong on the left, 2-prong bodycolor on the right). they then bolt together where they meet with 8mm hexhead screws through both pieces ... into tinnermans on one of the panels.

tinnermans on the left:

http://www.gruber.com/images/ebay/300/wb-hdw-white-trans-300.gif

dinanm3atl
03-07-2007, 11:55 AM
nice cars!

the underpanel is 2 pieces, the far-under panel (above the pedals) and the knee bolster.

the knee bolster is secured to the dash with phillips screws, and the underpanel slides into metal clips at the firewall (3-prong on the left, 2-prong bodycolor on the right). they then bolt together where they meet with 8mm hexhead screws through both pieces ... into tinnermans on one of the panels.

tinnermans on the left:

http://www.gruber.com/images/ebay/300/wb-hdw-white-trans-300.gif

Thanks man. I may need to replace that stuff...

I know you ;)

fretburnr
03-07-2007, 12:04 PM

I know you ;)

hey..... wait a minute..... :twisted: :razz:

dinanm3atl
03-07-2007, 04:31 PM

I know you ;)

hey..... wait a minute..... :twisted: :razz:

ahhhhh HA!!!!

I got banned because I told someone if they hated the US and the way it was run they should sell their M3 and move.

I got perma banned.

rthor234
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
You got banned for that?

84_318i
03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
on bee eff cee? I got temp banned for "harrassing" STUCK :D :D