e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > Ground Control > Brakes
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
mmire30

E30: 87 325is
mmire30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seta_E30 View Post
Even If you were able to push the piston in more what happens when you bleed and push piston back out? Sounds like you have serious caliper issues especially since you were not able to compress all the way the first time? Also did you clean up your sliding pins? Did you grease them? Maybe somthing went wrong while you rebuilt them? Just some things to think about. Good luck.
Well I didn't push the Piston in all the way I just pushedit back enough. Everything is clean and greased up properly. I'll do some work this weekend and get back to you guys.
mmire30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
peerless

E30: 85' 325e "The 4 Door Horror"
peerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond repute

Could have twisted the piston seal on installation.

Even after you have the calipers and pads installed with the brakes bled and pumped the pedal a few times you should only have a light drag on the rotor. Anything more and you have something wrong.

Was it harder to compress the piston on the side your having trouble with then the other side?

If you did twist the piston seal I would recommend replacing the seal.

What lube did you use to lubricated the piston seals/pistons?

You should be using a non-petroleum substance such as Syl-Glyde commonly available at your local NAPA. Any petroleum based greases can cause the seals to expand thus locking up the brakes.
peerless is offline   Reply With Quote