e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
tibetan_eskimo
Noob [Needs 25 to Sell]

E30: 1989 325i
tibetan_eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Front Seats Fit in e30's?

Quick question regarding front seats, are all e30 front seats interchangeable between verts and fixed roofs?
I also heard that e36 front seats work, but what about e46? Has anyone tried it yet? What about simple fabs to make other vehicles seats fit?

My drivers seat is shot and doesn't even match to begin with, obviously I'm looking to save money or else I would Corbeau or Sparco it.

Thanks.
tibetan_eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 09-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
aintnothang

E30: Looking
aintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to behold

People make brackets for recaro's. I'm sure you can make a bracket for most seats if you're handy.

Quote:
Oh and lowering an E30? I don't care. It's an old BMW that signifies no luxury or status whatsoever. Do whatever you want to make it look better. Anything helps, I guess. I'm talking about the BMW's that educated, hard-working members of society buy. Not ones you can get for less than a Honda Civic.
aintnothang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
xAZxE30x

E30: 89',90',91'
xAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond repute

if you are looking to save money just put in a e30 seat that matches. vaders will fit but need brackets to be made. e46 wont fit
xAZxE30x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
aintnothang

aintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to beholdaintnothang is a splendid one to behold

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...ight=e46+seats

Quote:
Oh and lowering an E30? I don't care. It's an old BMW that signifies no luxury or status whatsoever. Do whatever you want to make it look better. Anything helps, I guess. I'm talking about the BMW's that educated, hard-working members of society buy. Not ones you can get for less than a Honda Civic.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
aintnothang

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http%3A%2F%2Fww...-e30-pics.html

Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
tibetan_eskimo
Noob [Needs 25 to Sell]

Thanks, I really didn't find anything that helped when I searched. That last link might have helped more if the pictures were still up. But I know that e46 seats are too fat to look further into it.

I knew that Vader seats needed brackets, but I thought e36 sport seats bolted directly. That's good to know they don't.

The main reason I'm not putting in an e30 seat that matches is because most of them I've found are hashed. I work for a shop that does Katzkin, Pecca and Roadwires Leather, but none of them do anything for BMW aside from e90's.

I've found quite a few e36 and e46 deals, very few e30. Any and all recommendations are appreciated.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
tibetan_eskimo
Noob [Needs 25 to Sell]

Also, part of my original question was about vert to fixed roof, if there is any change in the front seats because I have seen a few out there.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
the pirate
Contributing Member

E30: '85 318i (Cin Vhetin)
the pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to behold

all e30 seats are the same except for one thing: seats from a sedan dont fold forward.

that's it. BMW was very economical with their parts and just about everything e30 is interchangeable...

vert seats = coupe seats.

Untucked diving board crew member 009
"Because I need a plank for you to walk"
the pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
tibetan_eskimo
Noob [Needs 25 to Sell]

One more question about vert to sedan, is the rear seat smaller, it makes sense to me to help fit the top around it. Just curious in case I end up finding some red seats or something along those lines.
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 09-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #10
the pirate
Contributing Member

E30: '85 318i (Cin Vhetin)
the pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to beholdthe pirate is a splendid one to behold

vert seat does not fit any of the others

Untucked diving board crew member 009
"Because I need a plank for you to walk"
the pirate is offline   Reply With Quote