e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > Appearance
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 07-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
peerless

E30: 85' 325e "The 4 Door Horror"
peerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond reputepeerless has a reputation beyond repute
Default New dash prices through the roof, UPDATED Price Drop!

UPDATE 11/13 New BMW E30 Dashboards, Genuine BMW, $827 Retail, I can sell for $760!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the price on a brand new BMW dash has doubled in the past year. I have a customer that wants to buy one.

Last year I purchased a brand new BMW dash for a customer and it was $550 shipped from the dealer. I called today and the price of a new dash stands at $1276!

I don't think my customer will be willing to absorb that cost.

The problem being that when a product doesn't sell the price continues to go up until it is finally discontinued and becomes NLA. This is happening on more and more BMW parts for the E30 everyday. Soon dealer parts for the E30 will be all but impossible to get.

Expect brand new dashboards to become a thing of the past, only a memory. Its a shame, instead of everyone buying used dashes that are going to crack soon anyways, if they would buy new BMW dashs the price probably would have come down and would be even more affordable. Imagine if you could get a Brand New dash for say $350? Would you do it? Most people would. But now, its too late, soon they will be $1,500 and then finally they will simply disappear. And everyone will have a cracked dash, there will be no more good ones left and a good used one will probably end up going for $400-$500.

And just so everyone can get a taste of what a brand new dash looks like,

Last edited by peerless : 11-04-2013 at 11:00 PM.
peerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 07-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Omicron

E30: What else?
Omicron has a spectacular aura aboutOmicron has a spectacular aura aboutOmicron has a spectacular aura about

I envy the guy that opened the box and smelled the odor of a new dashboard..

Seriously i personally try to buy as much as i can new parts not only for the feeling of a new part but also for the reason you mention, so that they keep producing them, especially some "special" detail parts (m-technic logos etc). I know i'm not gonna make a difference but at least i try.

For the example i've been waiting for the protection cap of the distributor cap (12 11 1 710 553) for about 2 months, i'm afraid it will never come...
Old 07-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Alpine4dr
Banned

E30: Turbo4dr, E39 Touring
Alpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond reputeAlpine4dr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alpine4dr

I am so glad i put a dash cover on my minty dash from day one!

I'm gonna pull it off today and clean it.

Robert does good work....there is a build thread somewhere of him replacing that dash.....Mmmm.

Alpine4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
ten2doyle102
Ummm.....Wut?

E30: 1990 325ix, 98 2.5rs
ten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond reputeten2doyle102 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ten2doyle102

I was SO pissed the day that my dash got a tiny crack in it. I had a few choice words for it....
Old 07-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
Court M3

E30: 323i
Court M3 is a splendid one to beholdCourt M3 is a splendid one to beholdCourt M3 is a splendid one to beholdCourt M3 is a splendid one to beholdCourt M3 is a splendid one to beholdCourt M3 is a splendid one to beholdCourt M3 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I got a new one back in 1998 and it was around $350ish. Sold the car though

Help a brotha out sale!
Court M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
amnster

E30: 325e
amnster is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm happy with my 24 year old dash...looks as good as new, not a crack on it.
amnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
EqualizedCustoms

E30: 86 325 ES
EqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond reputeEqualizedCustoms has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to EqualizedCustoms

wow i think i will just keep my dash has one crack in it but not noticeable.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
george graves

E30: m30 powered e30
george graves is a splendid one to beholdgeorge graves is a splendid one to beholdgeorge graves is a splendid one to beholdgeorge graves is a splendid one to beholdgeorge graves is a splendid one to beholdgeorge graves is a splendid one to beholdgeorge graves is a splendid one to behold

That stinks. I understand the new dashes are much darker in color too.
george graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:50 AM   #9
M20_Fever

E30: '90 328iS
M20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond repute

so whats the best treatment for original un-cracked dashes to keep them that way? I never want to deal with this.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC Champion C Prepared
HSAX Instructor
M20_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 07-11-2009, 03:45 AM   #10
Reelizmpro

E30: 88 M3, 91 M Technic cab
Reelizmpro will become famous soon enough

I never suffered a cracked dash but my convertible had several cracks when I got it. I didn't think they still sold new dashes! I think I would have paid about $500 for one but not much over that. I just picked up a good used dash for $100 and slapped it in. Take care of your dashes!

Someone mentioned Virgin Olive oil as a dash rejuvenator. It actually has many uses and leather conditioning is one of them. I tried it and it really makes your dash shine. Just keep your dash conditioned and try to keep it's temperature at a reasonable level. Not too cold, nor too hot. Garage is ideal but if you keep it outside, try a car cover or sunshade at least.
Reelizmpro is offline   Reply With Quote