e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > Regional & Get Togethers > Europe [Cont.]
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 03-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
straight6
Contributing Member

E30: 1986 325es + 1987 325e
straight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the rough
Default My trip to Germany April 1-17

I will be in Germany with the Air Force April1-17. I am really wanting to drive the Nordshliefe. I would appreciate anyone familiar with the area meeting up with me to hangout and show me around or give me a ride around the ring or tell me where I can rent a decent car to take around the ring.

My name is Christian Wise and my phone number is obviously American (812) 207-6660.
Or you can P.M. me or email me at wiseass86@hotmail.com but I don't check my email that often.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 03-18-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
DMS
Contributing Member

E30: M-tech 1, S50B30 euro
DMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear it's just in a period I'm not able to go. There are some german memebrs here so perhaps sending them an PM would get things rolling.

GL! and have fun!!
DMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
straight6
Contributing Member

E30: 1986 325es + 1987 325e
straight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the advice. I would love to get a ride around the Nurburgring in someones modified e30.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
SDbboy

E30: 325is
SDbboy is on a distinguished road

I've driven the Nurburgring a few times. There's really nothing to it as far as driving you just pay then you get 3 laps. Be very careful its a mind field, every lap I saw the aftermath of a crash. The place is beautiful though.

There is some places on site that rent track cars and of course you can ride in the M5 taxi driven by Sabine but chances are its too late as it requires 4-5 weeks reservation. They also have a Viper and Cobra you ride in also.
http://www.nuerburgring.de/taxi-journeys.614.0.html
SDbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
elsabor67
Sabor Boricua!!

E30: 1989 325i (US Specs, Sold)'09 135i
elsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant futureelsabor67 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to elsabor67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbboy View Post
you just pay then you get 3 laps.
Last time I was there (summer '08) you pay and get one lap. When did it used to be 3 laps?

OP, it would have been nice if you were coming around the weekend of 1-2 May. They have a big DTM revival at the 'ring with all the former E30 M3 cars and others that ran during those times. Most of us in the area were going.

How do you spell relief?

Open Track Days!!!
elsabor67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
Bimmerman325i

E30: 89 325i
Bimmerman325i is an unknown quantity at this point

First off, thanks for your service. I'm interning in Munich until November, and would definitely be down to meet up!

That said, I would be (and am) exceedingly nervous about driving the ring. If you crash, your insurance on a rental car will be voided, and you have to pay for your damage, any other involved cars, and damage to the track. It ends up being really expensive, and unless you can shell out the cash for the racecar rentals (rsr-nurburg.com is a great site), running a normal rental car on the ring tends to get you banhammered globally from that company. Some rental agencies use gps tracking and have banned numerous people for taking the car on the ring.

Also, the M5 taxi is almost guaranteed to be booked.

Hope that helps, and feel free to PM me. A group of us were going to go drive the ring until we ran the numbers on the price and the potential damages.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:56 AM   #7
Alpina

E30: E30 Cabrio S38B38
Alpina will become famous soon enoughAlpina will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
First off, thanks for your service. I'm interning in Munich until November, and would definitely be down to meet up!

That said, I would be (and am) exceedingly nervous about driving the ring. If you crash, your insurance on a rental car will be voided, and you have to pay for your damage, any other involved cars, and damage to the track. It ends up being really expensive, and unless you can shell out the cash for the racecar rentals (rsr-nurburg.com is a great site), running a normal rental car on the ring tends to get you banhammered globally from that company. Some rental agencies use gps tracking and have banned numerous people for taking the car on the ring.

Also, the M5 taxi is almost guaranteed to be booked.

Hope that helps, and feel free to PM me. A group of us were going to go drive the ring until we ran the numbers on the price and the potential damages.

The RINGTAXI is booked,, FOR SURE,, it is a lottery that a empty seat is available

E30 CABRIO M70B50 V12 ///
ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
E34 550 V12 JML Motorsport

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/
Alpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
Andre E

E30: 325i M50 3.2
Andre E is an unknown quantity at this point

hey if you need some info and things let me know , i will be leaving for germany (Berlin) tomorrow.
i used to live in Germany and after 5 years in canada i'm moving back.

For the ring-taxi you would have to pre book like 3 month in advance,
the best is if you go on the webpage or search the internet
Andre E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
M-technik-3

E30: too many and now a e36/5
M-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to M-technik-3

I missed this thread. If I had seen it I would have sent you Eric's number, he went for Easter, not sure if he drove that day.

I had plans to attend DTM revival but I'm out respray of the M3 ate that budget for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

And since today is the 20th how was the trip?

BBS are like brests, no mater how many sets you see you will always look at them and get excited.

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...88aba8a&t=9781 My transaction thread has grown stagnant over the years
M-technik-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control