e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 10-13-2017, 11:01 PM   #31
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sir
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:40 AM   #32
protomor

E30: 1987 325i, 1989 325i M50T
protomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to protomor Send a message via MSN to protomor Send a message via Yahoo to protomor

Well that was quick. Should teach him how to drift. If only you were closer.

Ironically, a student crashed with me at this past weekend's drift event. Right into a pole <_<

protomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #33
superj
Contributing Member

E30: Finally
superj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to superj

I had already told him we were going to the autocross and local drift events but he tried it on his own. He actually was supposed to autocrosd last weekend but he took the front suspension out saturday morning and didnt get it back together in time to go.

He is slowly taking stuff out in order to lower the subframe, i think. Its homecoming tonight for his little brother so i had to leave but he said he was going to start
needs sub frame bushings
superj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:54 PM   #34
superj
Contributing Member

superj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud of

I dont know how he drifted an automatic eta
needs sub frame bushings
Old 10-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #35
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
I dont know how he drifted an automatic eta
its possible, he just has bigger balls then you.

I taught my self to drift in a 95 blazer v6 auto, its possible in any e30.
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #36
protomor

protomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to protomor Send a message via MSN to protomor Send a message via Yahoo to protomor

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro2fast4u View Post
he just has bigger balls then you.
Or less brains lol. My first ca (85 eta) died from me thinking I was some hot shit and wound up rolling it a few times.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #37
superj
Contributing Member

it was a sunny dry day and he was first at the stop light. he said he punched it and cut the wheel and the back end just kept going around until the curb. its funny because its one of those long left turns so its hard to spin the tires.

the ebay chip must have helped his more then mine did. mine won't break the back wheels from a stop, on any left turn. right, yes, but not a left turn.

oh well, he got the stuff unbolted and now has to unbolt the parts car rear end. I ordered new subframe bushings from garagistic, the poly ones, to put in. since we have to do it, I am going to make it so we don't have to do them again. and then I will order some for the car I drive when we are done on this one.

one thing I noticed, its way easier to do the subframe stuff than swap a motor. this is nothing compared to a motor swap and I have done many motor swaps. we didn't even really get that dirty doing this stuff
needs sub frame bushings
Old 10-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #38
superj
Contributing Member

ok, the new sub-frame bushings should be here today. they are from garagistic, the poly ones, 80a. then Jason is going to pull the subframe from the parts car and start that job
needs sub frame bushings
Old 10-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #39
superj
Contributing Member

man, the week is just going down hill.

I was driving the other e30 last night to pick up my younger son and it had a weird rough idle. all gauges were reading fine but the idle was like it was missing. when jarrod got in, I told him to feel the car, how it has a weird rough idle but smooth over 13-1500 rpms. he said yes. (its going to be his car when he gets his license so I always go over everything on the car with him) I told him that I bet the headgasket is going out because of the weird areas the idle was rough and smooth.

this morning, I check the coolant and its good because the car smelled like coolant and smoked a bunch but I couldn't say the smoke was totally it because of the cool temps this morning, it could have just been the lower morning temps. so, I drive to work and sure enough, rough idle shows up once the car gets to temp and smokes the whole way to work (2 miles). I get to work and shut her off and feel the radiator hoses, hard as rocks. I check the coolant in the reservoir, good level. I check the oil, milky sludge at the higher level of the oil line.

god dang!!!!! what a freaking bitch.
needs sub frame bushings
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 10-21-2017, 07:37 AM   #40
protomor

Father son M50 swap?

Edit: I just want to piss off Tony