e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > All-Wheel-Drive iX
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 06-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #691
EyExR

E30: 1991 325iX
EyExR will become famous soon enough

It's looking good hear folks! I'll relax after a few days of driving. But WOW!!
EyExR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #692
EyExR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Shadow View Post
You forgot rags you stuffed in the intake manifold for keeping dirt out.
Yeah, no, it wasn't the rags.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #693
Sirotto
Contributing Member

E30: 1987 ALP 325IS / 04 Tiag M3
Sirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant future

Glad to hear it.

It would be a shame to strip a car because of electrical. I understand your frustration believe me but please dont.

After reading through some of your threads i found the culprit. In a picture on the rear subframe thread you have a can of CRC MAF sensor cleaner.

This has killed two AFM's for me. I believe it is to strong for our older parts. Also there has to be some oil in there for the barn door to flap. This gets it too clean. The only thing i use now is Wurth contact cleaner OL.

http://www.shopwurthusa.com/wurthsto...L/p/0890101101

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" -George Orwell

Last edited by Sirotto : 06-07-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Sirotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #694
EyExR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirotto View Post
Glad to hear it.

It would be a shame to strip a car because of electrical. I understand your frustration believe me but please dont.

After reading through some of your threads i found the culprit. In a picture on the rear subframe thread you have a can of CRC MAF sensor cleaner.

This has killed two AFM's for me. I believe it is to strong for our older parts. Also there has to be some oil in there for the barn door to flap. This gets it too clean. The only thing i use now is Wurth contact cleaner OL.

http://www.shopwurthusa.com/wurthsto...L/p/0890101101
Well no need to part it out now thank goodness, but I would have had no other choice, really. The parts alone would be worth well more than a complete car that is not running. Almost double I'd say on this iX! Almost every single part is new or refurbished.

No, I have not used the MAF cleaner on that afm. But thanks for the heads up, I'll refrain from using it.

I'm cleaning the heck out of the car now and detailing it. Putting a new set of rotors, pads, calipers/carriers as well. I'll be posting up pics of the complete car for fun on R3V within the next week or so. She looks AWESOME! And now runs just as well!

I'm going to keep driving it for a couple of months then the plan is to move over to Megasquirt. Get some new sensors and stuff to dial it in, then finally drop in a stroker motor I'll be building on the side. So more to come!
I'll also be adding a complete iX engine removal/installation DIY shortly...

Last edited by EyExR : 06-07-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #695
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

yay get keiths pnp
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:40 PM   #696
EyExR

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro2fast4u View Post
yay get keiths pnp
is that WhoDWho? If so, that's the plan.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #697
euro2fast4u

euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyExR View Post
is that WhoDWho? If so, that's the plan.
yes!
Old 06-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #698
euro2fast4u

Still going well?
Old 06-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #699
EyExR

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro2fast4u View Post
Still going well?
don't know. I haven't driven it much since I got it. It's up having the brakes overhauled. Will get it back on the road tomorrow and will drive it for a while.
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 06-11-2016, 08:47 PM   #700
EyExR

Drove on roads, traffic, highway, etc for 60 miles today and the car ran beautifully.

However, my front diff decided to take a crap on me. I wonder if I overfilled it somehow? Anyway, I put the car up on jack stands and let the wheels rotate in second gear. I could hear and feel a knocking definitely coming from there.
So anyway, now I'm in the market for a front diff. wow