e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 10-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #41
superj
Contributing Member

E30: Finally
superj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to superj

Ha ha ha
needs sub frame bushings
superj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 AM   #42
superj
Contributing Member

superj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud of

so far, so good.

replacement subframe/carrier assembly is out and old bushings (what a pain in the butt) are out. we ended up burning out the rubber and knocking the sleeves out with a drift punch and 5lb sledge. it sucked, but, everything else looks great. we would have reinstalled into the white car but my wife told me we were going to have dinner with my brother at 5 so we stopped early enough to be ready. than, at 430, they called and said they had to cancel.

so, we are at the reinstall point.

no work on the gold car because I am waiting till we get the red car engine installed
needs sub frame bushings
Old 10-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #43
M20_Fever

E30: '90 328iS
M20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by protomor View Post
Father son M50 swap?

Edit: I just want to piss off Tony
I say go for it. At this rate I'll own the last M20 powered e30 on the planet and I can use it as my retirement fund.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC Champion C Prepared
HSAX Instructor
M20_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #44
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M20_Fever View Post
I say go for it. At this rate I'll own the last M20 powered e30 on the planet and I can use it as my retirement fund.
You and i will battle.
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #45
M20_Fever

E30: '90 328iS
M20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond repute

well mine has been in storage since 2012, so I'll be the low mileage example with only 154k, lol.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC Champion C Prepared
HSAX Instructor
M20_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #46
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M20_Fever View Post
well mine has been in storage since 2012, so I'll be the low mileage example with only 154k, lol.
ODO broke at 147k winning
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #47
superj
Contributing Member

Ha ha ha. Mine will have m20s also, but be high mileage examples
needs sub frame bushings
Old 10-30-2017, 07:53 AM   #48
superj
Contributing Member

ok, replacement subframe is bolted in and all that's left is to bleed the brakes and put the wheels back on.
needs sub frame bushings
Old 11-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #49
superj
Contributing Member

well, she rans straight and true with no weird noises or anything. she brakes straight and doesn't pull, either. now my son is just deciding if he wants the stock quiet exhaust or if he wants to build something custom because since we took the subframe from the parts car, we had to drop its exhaust so we have a whole set up we can add any muffler into and swap it back and forth with the stock one, anytime we wish. all the proper bends and already lined up
needs sub frame bushings
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 11-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #50
superj
Contributing Member

well, this one is down again. now tis dumping coolant so I told my son to put it up on the ramps so we can dig into it sometime. he is back in the camry until than because it looks like it won't be till sometime next week he can work on it because his rotc unit has an ftx this weekend and the 1sg said he is going.
needs sub frame bushings