e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > Regional & Get Togethers > West
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 04-04-2016, 01:58 PM   #1
straight6
Contributing Member

E30: 1986 325es + 1987 325e
straight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the rough
Default Scottsdale, AZ

Hey everyone, my wife wants to move to Scottsdale and I am worried about the emissions laws and being able to street register my turbo e30. Anyone who lives in this area able to tell me about it?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 04-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
xAZxE30x

E30: 89' x 2
xAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond repute

You have to smog every 2 years. Its like $27 and if you fail you get the next test free on the redo. They will put it on the rollers and make sure it passes. They will check for cats, although I don't recall ever seeing them put a mirror under my E30's before. They will tail pipe it for NOX, CO, and HC. If it is tuned well then you should be good to go. There are a few turbo s50's running around town that had no issues at all.

There are plenty of people running turbo that pass just fine. They will also try and pressurize the system, I always tell them that it will not pressurize and they usually just mark it off as passing.

I would run it through the location off of Raintree in Scottsdale. I have had good luck from that location.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
xAZxE30x

xAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond reputexAZxE30x has a reputation beyond repute

What part of Scottsdale are you guys looking in? If you need a mortgage on a purchase hit me up!
Old 04-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #4
straight6
Contributing Member

straight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the roughstraight6 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the reply! We were looking in Gilbert area. But I've never been there so I don't really know.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #5
straight6
Contributing Member

PM me your contact info and I'd like to ask some housing related questions.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #6
xAZxE30x

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Thanks for the reply! We were looking in Gilbert area. But I've never been there so I don't really know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
PM me your contact info and I'd like to ask some housing related questions.
Sounds good!

Gilbert is a nice area. I am not super familiar with the area but I cover a few branches and it is nice out there. Old town Gilbert is pretty cool. It is fully developed now and find everything out there that you would in Scottsdale or any of the other cities.

I would suggest mapping out where you would work vs live. If you live south and work in say North Scottsdale, that will be a fun drive... Traffic the past couple years has seemed to triple.