e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > Project Garage
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 11-15-2017, 11:55 PM   #681
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travish325 View Post
It appears the inside of your car is falling apart.
you sir are correct. Some time this summer i decided to pull the old suede from the dash to replace with the correct material. I learned that it was 250$/yard. Determing the cost was more then expected i deteremined it would be better to hirer someone to cover it however i ran out leads to find a good local place. Then decided to remove the old glue and deal with it.

The hanging switch needs to be replaced as it doesnt work all the time :/

Been trying to get cluster screws for the last 5 months but they seem to keep getting "lost" every time i order

afr gauge got placed there for the time being until i mount it in the glove box and finish tuning.

Most other items in the interior are working, have working interior lights, heat, sunroof and windows all work.
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #682
travish325
Dick

E30: Yes
travish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro2fast4u View Post
you sir are correct. Some time this summer i decided to pull the old suede from the dash to replace with the correct material. I learned that it was 250$/yard. Determing the cost was more then expected i deteremined it would be better to hirer someone to cover it however i ran out leads to find a good local place. Then decided to remove the old glue and deal with it.

The hanging switch needs to be replaced as it doesnt work all the time :/

Been trying to get cluster screws for the last 5 months but they seem to keep getting "lost" every time i order

afr gauge got placed there for the time being until i mount it in the glove box and finish tuning.

Most other items in the interior are working, have working interior lights, heat, sunroof and windows all work.
Bruh, just rip the dash out and go full racecar. Or get a cleaner e30 and swap everything over lol
travish325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #683
superj
Contributing Member

E30: Finally
superj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to superj

you can take the dash out and just put your gage cluster on the steering column mounts and than weld some studs to the trans tunnel and mount your ecu with some grommets to absorb vibration. looks really race and gives you tons of leg room.

needs sub frame bushings
superj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #684
euro2fast4u

euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travish325 View Post
Bruh, just rip the dash out and go full racecar. Or get a cleaner e30 and swap everything over lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
you can take the dash out and just put your gage cluster on the steering column mounts and than weld some studs to the trans tunnel and mount your ecu with some grommets to absorb vibration. looks really race and gives you tons of leg room.

Naaaaa its what i got

Ill wrap the dash here shortly

With some of these seats
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-e30-Alpin...YAAOSwxixZ9XKD
Old 11-20-2017, 07:52 AM   #685
superj
Contributing Member

superj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud of

that looks super soft
needs sub frame bushings
Old 11-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #686
Celsdogg

E30: Trixie - '90 325i
Celsdogg will become famous soon enoughCelsdogg will become famous soon enough

I like that.

But. . .

I think a long way down the road it'll look super dated like shag carpet in vans from a certain era. . .

Current Squad:
Trixie: '90 E30 | Bertha: '08 Sienna | T1ts: '98 E36
Departed:
PCS: '78 Fleetwood | PCS: '90 MKII | KIA: '91 E30 | PCS: '04 BE | PCS: '01 Odyssey | KIA: '02 E46
Celsdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #687
M20_Fever

E30: '90 328iS
M20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond reputeM20_Fever has a reputation beyond repute

Just get one of those molded dash covers and put the right screws in the cluster. Looks like the the aftermath of a gang bang in there.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC Champion C Prepared
HSAX Instructor
M20_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #688
euro2fast4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by M20_Fever View Post
Just get one of those molded dash covers and put the right screws in the cluster. Looks like the the aftermath of a gang bang in there.
LMFAO

yes all thanks to 3M Super Glue.

Right screws are gonna get ordered again right now. lol

As for dating it, it may but for now i want it lol
Old 12-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #689
euro2fast4u

So screws never showed up.

Hope Sunday i can put the new coil and wires on.

Have a Walbro 455 now but not sure what the best way to install it is.
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 12-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #690
superj
Contributing Member

just put it on the old submersible pump carrier with some hose and hose clamps. that's what I do and have zero problems
needs sub frame bushings