e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > All-Wheel-Drive iX
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 05-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
ejohnson

E30: m-tech vert
ejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, When I start doing the floor pan I will be pulling all the wires and crap out of there so I can paint the floor with POR then bedliner it.
http://www.zazzle.com/5nahalf/
Untucked diving board crew member 666
"I am that ass-hole doing 95mph in a blizzard"
ejohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #12
ix Drift

E30: ix
ix Drift is on a distinguished road

I would also use a good self etching primer it makes a huge difference in the end. I had a 67 chevelle that I painted a bare metal fender with just etching primer, drove it for 2 year like that and it never rusted. That was when I lived in the northeast so it did see a ton of salt.
ix Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #13
ejohnson

ejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I have weld thru coating and self etching already. I went to school for auto body.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
ix Drift

Cool, where did you go? I went to school for auto body and mechanic's at Steven's College Of Technology in Pa.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #15
ejohnson

I went to Dakota County Tech here in MN... right at the end of my 2nd year I had a heart attack that the doc blames on the clear coat we used, so I dont paint anymore, just dents/rust repair and pay someone else to paint for me.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #16
ix Drift

Holly Crap! That is crazy, I hope everything is ok now? I don't know how long a go that happened, but stay away from the shit. I was in school back in the 80's and we used to read the labels on the back of all the products and joke with each other saying that's why we're all depressed (for some reason they all said "may cause depression"). I always took that stuff serious, but some guy's would paint with out the suit's on. Just think that was back when the products were not half as strong as they are today. That's why I just do this as a hobby now, after 30 years all my joints ach and crack.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #17
flyboyx

E30: '88 s52 vert becomming m3
flyboyx is on a distinguished road

also, before you weld on the body, make sure you disconnect the abs module from under the dash. the rf freqs from the welder can screw it up.

88 325ic becoming awd alpina b6 3.5s with s52
92 mtech 2 cabrio alpine/schwartz
88 e30 m3 for parts
88 325ix coupe
91 325ix 4 door auto for parts
flyboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #18
ejohnson

ABS dont work anyways right now. But I will be unplugging all computers from the system.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #19
ejohnson

Got a little bit of work done today, its 90 out and 60% humidity, so its a little bad to working.

Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #20
ejohnson

It looks all patchy due to the guide coat on there, when I do the final wet sand (the day I paint it) the car will be smooth and uniform.