e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > Appearance
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 05-15-2017, 01:28 PM   #11
M-technik-3

E30: too many and now a e36/5
M-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud ofM-technik-3 has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to M-technik-3

Great seats what was total cost if you don't mind me asking? Can you read polish? How well did transaction go? seller got anymore cool seats?
M-technik-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #12
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

good god you spent a lot but of course now i want a set

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/2-Recaro-C-Cl...oAAOSwA4dWKckw

except green stitching
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:40 PM   #13
travish325
Dick

E30: Yes
travish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond reputetravish325 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy fuck.
travish325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:26 AM   #14
ELVA164

E30: 1987 325i sedan
ELVA164 is a jewel in the roughELVA164 is a jewel in the roughELVA164 is a jewel in the roughELVA164 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich21 View Post
I'd love a set of those!
They made an almost unbelievable difference in comfort. I did a 900-mile trip last week and was able to sit comfortably for over 3 hours. Before, I started getting sore between 15 and 20 minutes in. It's also fun to make little adjustments here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
nice!!!!!!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
Great seats what was total cost if you don't mind me asking? Can you read polish? How well did transaction go? seller got anymore cool seats?
Total cost was a bit north of $2k. Way north of my original idea, but I did it for a few reasons.
1. I had no way of testing a seat out and I had never sat in a Recaro of any type. Something like an LS may have been fine, but I didn't want to take a chance.
1a. These seats allow virtually anyone to be comfortable in the car due to the amount of adjustment available.
2. They're a matched pair. I don't really like the "boy racer" look of one unmatched driver's seat. The rear now doesn't match the front, but that's kinda moot because I dare you to find a Recaro rear bench. I can reupholster later if I want.
3. The condition. The seats are absolutely perfect condition-wise. That's really important to me because I have no way of fixing issues with cloth that no longer exists.
3a. They look pretty rad. I'm not usually a cloth seat guy, but I think this pattern has a great period look to it and it matches my interior pretty well (aside from the back seat).
4. Longevity. I plan to keep this E30 for a very long time, but even if I sell it I plan to keep these seats for the next car and so on.
5. I splurged a bit because I paid off my school loans and was excited, haha.

The seller speaks English mostly so that wasn't a big deal. There were a number of small issues with the seats I had to fix which were...not in line with the original description, but everything was fixable and the seller was extremely willing to help. The seller does Recaros for a living apparently. He's on eBay and Facebook. His Facebook name is Ricardo Max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro2fast4u View Post
good god you spent a lot but of course now i want a set

http://www.ebay.pl/itm/2-Recaro-C-Cl...oAAOSwA4dWKckw

except green stitching
It was a lot, but as you can see I've found ways to make it seem not so bad. Heh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by travish325 View Post
Holy fuck.
For real.

Elva Courier build thread here!
ELVA164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #15
ELVA164

E30: 1987 325i sedan
ELVA164 is a jewel in the roughELVA164 is a jewel in the roughELVA164 is a jewel in the roughELVA164 is a jewel in the rough

Holy Christ I just looked at the price of those Mercedes seats. Gulp. Here's a link to the guy I used's eBay page:

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=rec...&isRefine=true

Elva Courier build thread here!
ELVA164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #16
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

ive been looking at the new m2/m4 seats and mclaren seats for the e30 for the same reason. I just cant seem to grasph the 2-5k price for seats.
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote