e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > Forced Induction > FI Engine Management: Spark, Fuel, & Boost Control
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 06-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #1
Giga Shadow

E30: 325i
Giga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Giga Shadow
Default I lost my tacho when switching to coils.

Hello.

My MS is a plug and play I bought off a forum member so I don't know exactly
how it's hooked up but it worked.

When switching to coils. The "smart" ones I lost signal to the tacho.
Is there a setting or do I need to rewire it? Anyone have a clue?

I used those wires as the signals. Normally l.e.ds go there.

These are the coils.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/ign-1a-race-coil/
Old 07-02-2017, 08:24 AM   #2
gstuning

E30: �90 S50B30 euro Mtech-II
gstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to gstuning

Do the LEDS still work? If so you should be able to pick up the tacho signal from there.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:11 AM   #3
Giga Shadow

Giga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these parts

i have no idea what to do what you said but the leds are gone. I used those wires to get signal to the coils.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
gstuning

gstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud ofgstuning has much to be proud of

ah ok, the e30 tacho runs on a 12v square wave. So maybe you can use a 12v pullup on the signal to the coils??
Old 07-04-2017, 12:13 AM   #5
Giga Shadow

i'll look into that but why if it was working it all of a sudden stops working just by installing the coils.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:11 AM   #6
gstuning

is the tacho circuit now running a coil at 5v instead of a transistor at 12v? IDK
Old 07-15-2017, 12:19 AM   #7
Giga Shadow

I have no fucking clue gstuning.
apparently the ms was wired "the old way" with the tach reading
off the vr sensor #2 pin from megasquirt or something.

I jump a wire from js10 to ign and that gave me tach BUT it was read 500rpm where the engine was actually at 2,000rpm.

So now I just have to run the tach off #36 or whatever it is and see if that works.
Some guy is helping me out on r3v good bless him.

I bought the MS plug&play like 15 years ago here on e30tech. First thing I plugged it in and did some shit had to go to work in 15min
so I tuned it on the way to work.
There was no autotune back then. good times.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=409159

Last edited by Giga Shadow : 07-15-2017 at 12:22 AM.
Giga Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote