e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > Regional & Get Togethers > Central
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 01-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
iflytii
Super Moderator

E30: 87 325"e"s
iflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond repute
Default TX: Mar 28/29 DE and CR at MSR

The Lone Star Chapter of the BMW CCA is pleased to announce our annual Spring High Performance Driver’s Education and Club Race event presented by Classic BMW of Plano to take place at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, Texas on March 28-29, 2009. Please see http://lscbmwcca.org/hpde-home.html for more information on this event. We will be running the 1.7 mile course in the normal counterclockwise direction. We anticipate registration to open on http://motorsportreg.com/ on Monday February 2nd.

This entry fee will be $275 for the lower run groups and $195 (yes that price is rolled back to 2003 pricing!) for the solo groups.

New this year is our “refer a friend” program. For every person you get that puts your name down in the “referred by” line on their entry you will get a $50 credit towards your entry (you need to participate in the event to take advantage of this credit). Be sure to give your name (real name, not internet screen name) and a valid email address (to ensure you get your entry credits) to the people you refer. The only requirement to the program is that the referred person could not have done a DE with us in 2008.

With the feedback I have received from this program, I would not hesitate in signing up for the event. Once we are full, we are full and a wait list will be started. Don’t get shut out!

Please see the specific registration info on http://motorsportreg.com/. I anticipate we will have all the necessary info up on there a week before registration opens (if not sooner).

If you need more information, please don’t hesitate to contact Bruce at dechair at lscbmwcca dot org.

Last edited by iflytii : 01-12-2009 at 02:30 PM.
iflytii is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 01-15-2009, 03:11 AM   #2
BMW BUM
Sultan of slide

E30: Her Royalblau Majesty
BMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond reputeBMW BUM has a reputation beyond repute

that's really great to know, i was expecting to do my first HPDE out there in march anyways, I intended to sign up at the end of this month/beginning of February. Have you been to this track in an e30? I was curious about cornering speeds there because i have yet to put a new differential in my e30 since the 2.7l to 2.5l transplant, and haven't decided between 3.73/3.91/4.10LSd yet, and was thinking I'd want probably a 3.93 on the car when I went. 4.10 is fun for tossing the car around but I don't want to spend half the day shifting, although i guess it'd be good practice with an instructor in car.

I know performance isn't the important thing at my first hpde, but trips to motorsport ranch will probably become frequent for my e30 so I figure it should play a roll in choosing the diff.

BMW BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
iflytii
Super Moderator

E30: 87 325"e"s
iflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond reputeiflytii has a reputation beyond repute

I've been there in my e30 but I honestly don't remember what the cornering speeds were. I don't recall any of the corners on the 1.7 course being terribly fast. I haven't driven the 1.3 but they aren't running that for the March DE/Race.

Any of those 3 diffs would work well on that track. Like you said don't worry about the diff ratio since it's your first HPDE but it certainly make sense to make a good decision for future track days.