e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > Regional & Get Togethers > Australia
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
myfirste30

E30: Mtech1-325i coupe, 320i-4door, 318is-RED
myfirste30 is a jewel in the roughmyfirste30 is a jewel in the roughmyfirste30 is a jewel in the roughmyfirste30 is a jewel in the rough
Default what about a sydney BBQ???

as the title says, who would be down for organising a barby somewere in sydney, cars and bbq are pretty good combinations?

id be happy to bring all the shit, just need a location and you guys could just chip in some money for food etc, or you could all bring your own shit?

so whos down?

someone suggest a location and let organise something

myfirste30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 06-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
chbimmer

E30: 03 e39
chbimmer has much to be proud ofchbimmer has much to be proud ofchbimmer has much to be proud ofchbimmer has much to be proud ofchbimmer has much to be proud ofchbimmer has much to be proud ofchbimmer has much to be proud ofchbimmer has much to be proud ofchbimmer has much to be proud ofchbimmer has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chbimmer

you guys should have a cooler of orange mango schweppes for me...What I would not give for some of that in the states.
chbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
nathan'84 323i

E30: 1990 325is
nathan'84 323i will become famous soon enoughnathan'84 323i will become famous soon enough

I'm up for something if I'm free. Sounds good, but I'm not sure how many people check the Australia section. It'd probably be better posting this on eurocca.net.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
Lostbeachbum

E30: 1988 325is
Lostbeachbum has a spectacular aura aboutLostbeachbum has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Lostbeachbum

Ill be on Vacation with my wife in Sydney from June 27th to July 5th

WalletWerks.com
Lostbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
nathan'84 323i

nathan'84 323i will become famous soon enoughnathan'84 323i will become famous soon enough

I go to the snow for a week from 4-11 July, so maybe we could fit it in there on 27th or 28th? But that doesn't leave too much time to organise.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #6
inkk
Super Moderator

E30: A black one...
inkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond repute

I leave for Europe 17th July but im pretty flat out until then anyway.

I do Alpines
inkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
Lostbeachbum

E30: 1988 325is
Lostbeachbum has a spectacular aura aboutLostbeachbum has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Lostbeachbum

A little off topic. I am going to Sydney and I would like to get a taste for the food culture. can you guys give me a few places that aren't tourist traps that are nice places to go out and eat (Lunch, Dinner)? also besides going to the see the 3 sisters, the opera house what else would be a worthwhile trip for the day or overnight?

WalletWerks.com
Lostbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
nathan'84 323i

There are some nice (but not over the top) restaurants in Wooloomooloo (thats not a typo) in Sydney on the wharf. Also if you don't mind the travel time (about 2.5hours) you could head up to the Hunter Valley Vineyards, but they're a minimum 2 night stay and around $100 a night pp depending where you stay, nice places though.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #9
Iain

E30: 318i on 'roids
Iain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostbeachbum View Post
A little off topic. I am going to Sydney and I would like to get a taste for the food culture. can you guys give me a few places that aren't tourist traps that are nice places to go out and eat (Lunch, Dinner)? also besides going to the see the 3 sisters, the opera house what else would be a worthwhile trip for the day or overnight?
Tetsuyas or bust for good food in Sydney. Book ahead - it is very popular. http://www.tetsuyas.com/

There are heaps of great spots to go, depending on what you like to do. An hour north and an hour south of Sydney has some great spots. These are easy day trips, though a trip to the Hunter Valley vineyards should take 2 days as there are HEAPS of cellar doors to get through!

As posted, there is the 2-3hr drive up to the Hunter Valley (west of Newcastle) to see some vineyards if you're into wine. Here is a map from the centre of Sydney (I don't know where you'll be coming from if you went there).

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&s...9,3.532104&z=8

You could cut the trip shorter if you don't want to go up there just to taste a few cheeky reds/whites and head to the Central Coast (where I live ) as there are some great beaches and nice, meandering drives through the bush. See this route to Terrigal where you can stop and have a bite to eat at one of a number of places. There is a more scenic way to get around the Central Coast which shows more of the bushland and has some great photo spots at lookouts/etc over the waterways, so PM me if you want me to do you up a map to show you that.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&s...,0.883026&z=10

Alternatively, you can head south and go through the Royal National Park to Stanwell Tops, ending in Wollongong. This is a beautiful drive and the Seacliff Bridge featured on the Shell Ferrari F1 ad.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&s...6,1.766052&z=9

Hope that helps.

PS: when down here, try Little Creatures beer. Fosters is not what we drink. Little Creatures is (for those with taste ).
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 06-25-2009, 05:42 AM   #10
inkk
Super Moderator

E30: A black one...
inkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostbeachbum View Post
We don't really have tourist traps here. All menus have set prices. It just depends on location. Expensive rent means higher prices, though you will still find some fair priced feeds even in the city or the more affluent suburbs.
In the city there are heaps of places that two people could walk out feeling full and and a little drunk for around $50US. Our pubs or clubs always put on a good cheap feed for around $10. For good cheap Asian food i like to eat at Seabay on Pitt Street (city) and Just Thai at Bondi.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?clien...86416402781651

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...tab=0&oi=&sa=X

For meat you cannot beat Hurricanes at Bondi, best ribs steakhouse in Sydney. There is also one at Cockle Bay in the city but the Bondi store is the shizz. Have to normally book this one in advance on weekends especially.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...BA&cd=1&dtab=5

The Belgian beer cafe is nice too and relatively priced.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...wOZ0oDABg&cd=1

BUT if it was me visiting Sydney and wanted to eat, I would most likely take advantage of the fresh seafood at the Pyrmont Fish Markets.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...AOq4pWnAg&cd=4

and last but not least Harry's cafe de wheels in Woolloomooloo! Yes, the place does exist.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...QPnpLz1Aw&cd=1

Hope you enjoy your stay.

I do Alpines
inkk is offline   Reply With Quote