e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > All-Wheel-Drive iX
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 06-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #711
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

I think whodwho's set up is usable with the afm.

iirc his off the shelf unit just requires a vacuum line to the engine and uses the temp sensor in the afm meter.

to upgrade and remove the afm. purchase and install a corresponding iat sensor (usually gm) and install and calibrate via megasquirt.

this would be a great first step in learning megasquirt.

he may have you connect your wideband to ms as well to ensure proper fueling.
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:34 PM   #712
EyExR

E30: 1991 325iX
EyExR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro2fast4u View Post
I think whodwho's set up is usable with the afm.

iirc his off the shelf unit just requires a vacuum line to the engine and uses the temp sensor in the afm meter.

to upgrade and remove the afm. purchase and install a corresponding iat sensor (usually gm) and install and calibrate via megasquirt.

this would be a great first step in learning megasquirt.

he may have you connect your wideband to ms as well to ensure proper fueling.
Thanks for the info! Very helpful.
EyExR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #713
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Your best bet is to follow what ever keith says. hes done it a lot more then many other on here.
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #714
EyExR

E30: 1991 325iX
EyExR will become famous soon enough

Wow. I'm amazed the site is back up...

So I'm coming up on a year since I've had my car back up and running and I could not be happier! My car is running fantastic. Not a single hiccup now!

I still plan on building a stroker motor again but I'm going to enjoy what I have for the next year or so with only some small changes to do like a new dash and address an AC leak and get my ABS working again before the year is out.

I recently had OMG Motorworks install a new Magnaflow exhaust system and it sounds incredible. So I now have long tube headers with a high flow cat and exhaust. So sweet!
I also got a new chip from SSSquid Tunes and had Bavarian Restoration rebuild my cluster and my AFM.
Also, put some new tires on. Conti True Contacts. They are super comfy...

Some recent pics:

EyExR is offline   Reply With Quote