e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > Ground Control > Steering, Control Arms, CABs & Front Subframe
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 08-03-2017, 01:57 PM   #11
Celsdogg

E30: Trixie - '90 325i
Celsdogg will become famous soon enoughCelsdogg will become famous soon enough

haha, its not like there's a VIN on it and you didnt steal it!

Current Squad:
Trixie: '90 E30 | Bertha: '08 Sienna | T1ts: '98 E36
Departed:
PCS: '78 Fleetwood | PCS: '90 MKII | KIA: '91 E30 | PCS: '04 BE | PCS: '01 Odyssey | KIA: '02 E46
Celsdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #12
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

press for the win!
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #13
superj
Contributing Member

E30: Finally
superj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to superj

I was looking at a nice band saw with the built in sliding table next to it. its like the size of a nice wood planer and lathe combo, 800 bucks. good price. stolen? no idea, no cares
needs sub frame bushings
superj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #14
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Our local good will gets shit from home depot and lowes all the time, items that are floor models, or damaged box or what ever. They had pallets of Epoxy floor paint.
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:33 AM   #15
superj
Contributing Member

superj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud ofsuperj has much to be proud of

that's cool. I don't think ours does. maybe the one down town
needs sub frame bushings
Old 09-29-2017, 06:17 AM   #16
325ftmfw

E30: 325i
325ftmfw has a spectacular aura about325ftmfw has a spectacular aura about

you peeps are strange with your fancy pullers, vices and presses.

Drill out the rubber, cook the bush with a butane torch and smack out the centre.. then smack out the outer later with a steel punch when its gone all sticky. Moves pretty easy.

Putting them in is easy.. Silicone spray the rubber.. Get a decent deadblow.
support the eye of the subframe on the bench and give it 5 good wacks on the bush. Done.

Do the same with the control arms.

Not only is fire fun but a deadblow is so satisfying.

04 GDB STI
89 E30 325I
84 E30 323I

Last edited by 325ftmfw : 09-29-2017 at 06:21 AM.
325ftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #17
superj
Contributing Member

ha ha ha.

its still on the list of things to do.

since the car runs and drives fine, the sub frame bushings are not high on the list because I don't drive it a lot.

I had to overhaul my lightning phantom2 because I have a few races coming up and then a 100 mile ride in December. had to upgrade to a 700c rear wheel and get brakes, gears, chain, etc. and, getting the ac on the white e30 going is becoming an issue. it worked when we left the shop from buying it and then a line burst driving home. now, new hose, evacuate system and vacuum holds but no ac when Freon is put in.
needs sub frame bushings
Old 09-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #18
protomor

E30: 1987 325i, 1989 325i M50T
protomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to protomor Send a message via MSN to protomor Send a message via Yahoo to protomor

Fire is for people with time but no money. I hate burning them out. Smut everywhere. Takes forever to get it hot enough. Tons of clean up. I'm too old for that.

protomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #19
325ftmfw

E30: 325i
325ftmfw has a spectacular aura about325ftmfw has a spectacular aura about

Doing it wrong or you must be using a small flame.
The only cleanup I had was throwing the old bush in the bin.. Big whoop. Took about ten minutes to do both ends. Would take longer to build a tool your going to use once. Point I was trying to make tho is you don't need special tools to do the job at home.

04 GDB STI
89 E30 325I
84 E30 323I

Last edited by 325ftmfw : 09-30-2017 at 10:43 AM.
325ftmfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 09-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #20
protomor

E30: 1987 325i, 1989 325i M50T
protomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to protomor Send a message via MSN to protomor Send a message via Yahoo to protomor

I made a home made tool to do it and it just ripped the core out the center. I used a sawzall to cut the cartridge out. *shrugs* as long as it gets done. I ain't complainin.

protomor is offline   Reply With Quote