e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > All-Wheel-Drive iX
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #111
ejohnson

E30: m-tech vert
ejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should have one set ordered, then if they work see if there is interest in a group buy on them.
http://www.zazzle.com/5nahalf/
Untucked diving board crew member 666
"I am that ass-hole doing 95mph in a blizzard"
ejohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #112
Supernaught

E30: 89 325 IX
Supernaught is a jewel in the roughSupernaught is a jewel in the roughSupernaught is a jewel in the rough

This could be decent I saw one like this that had a shorter tower. that bearing should be good and the plate looks pretty beefy.
Anyone with a CNC mill able to make a bunch of these?

88 325IX TOURING DiamantSchwarz|89 325IX AlpinWeiss|88 325IX DiamantSchwarz
Supernaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #113
madman23

E30: 1988 325 IX
madman23 will become famous soon enough

Ok. So who will be the initial person to pick them up. They are not bad as far as prce and they come with inserts to work with almost any shocks.

You know your in an E30 when when your gas gauge waves hello to you constantly.
Originally Posted by jpod999
madman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #114
ejohnson

ejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond repute

I can probably pick up a set in october after my wedding.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #115
applecran

E30: '90 325ix
applecran has a spectacular aura aboutapplecran has a spectacular aura about

That ebay item is no longer... any other pics of whatever that is?
applecran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #116
ejohnson

http://cgi.ebay.com/BMW-E30-Top-Moun...ts_Accessories
Old 08-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #117
ejohnson

I just emailed the guy about a possible group buy on these.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #118
madman23

E30: 1988 325 IX
madman23 will become famous soon enough

Q: Hi there, Me and several other people have been looking at your strut top mounts, We are all very interested in buying sets as long as they fit our cars. We have the awd e30s, they have a inverted strut top bearing very much like your design is set up. I will be ordering a test set in order to see if they fit our cars. If they do I will have several more orders for you. So in short, how many of these do you have, and will you still have them in october when I plan to order. Could you offer a discounted price for multiple sets ordered? Thanks- Erik Aug-20-10

A: H Erik; The E30 4wd (IX) is an interesting E30. A good car that really needs more caster, which it doesnt share with the regular E30. If you look at buying at least 5 I will work with you on a discount/shipping. We dont make much money on them after the costings of making them, but will see what we can do once we clear the first hurdle. Regards Jeff

You know your in an E30 when when your gas gauge waves hello to you constantly.
Originally Posted by jpod999
madman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #119
flyboyx

E30: '88 s52 vert becomming m3
flyboyx is on a distinguished road

that aussie camber plate looks like it has some good possibilities but some negatives as well. someone already mentioned the issue of not being able to adjust the caster and camber independently. how big of a problem would this actually be? i suppose if you lower your car, you will set the camber as best you can and then accept whatever extra caster the plate will give you? it would be interesting to see how well it really works. unless you run coil overs, i bet it would be a real pain in the butt to get your fingers up inside the wheel well to hold the bolts that mount this to the tower.

at first, i was looking at this plate thinking that if you placed it on top of the strut tower, it would simply pull the bolts through the sheet metal the first time you cornered hard. as i look at it i figured that you would either need a serious reinforcement ring on the bottom to keep the bolts from pulling though or it will be placed so the plate will be underneath the strut tower with the eye ball portion protruding through the center hole. i wonder if the hole in the shock tower is large enough to accommodate it in that position? do you have to modify the hole so this would fit through with its offset? (insert little smiley face icon with a look of bewilderment scratching his head)

i wonder if it would be worthwhile to reverse engineer a way to make the caster and camber adjustment independent?

just for giggles, when it comes time to order a group buy, you can count me in...

88 325ic becoming awd alpina b6 3.5s with s52
92 mtech 2 cabrio alpine/schwartz
88 e30 m3 for parts
88 325ix coupe
91 325ix 4 door auto for parts

Last edited by flyboyx : 08-24-2010 at 12:11 AM.
flyboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 08-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #120
ejohnson

Finally got around to getting my new fenders installed today, put my front and rear bumpers on.

I removed front and rear valances and I must say the car looks pretty beefy without the valances... makes it look like a dirt runner.

Also ordered a set of front and rear euro bumper trim for my plastics... no side markers for me!

Last edited by ejohnson : 08-24-2010 at 11:51 AM.