e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > All-Wheel-Drive iX
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 06-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #601
Sirotto
Contributing Member

E30: 1987 ALP 325IS / 04 Tiag M3
Sirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant future

Why hello Mr Johnson!!!
As you can see you have been missed by many here.

Why the yard cry?

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" -George Orwell
Sirotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #602
ejohnson

E30: m-tech vert
ejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond repute

While the car ran perfect, and started on first click. Things on it were just starting to fall apart. It had some electrical issues, it was missing a good chunk of the exhaust and really needed alot of money to get road worthy again.

Though, it has spent the last 3 years as a "tow truck" at a VW dealer. Pulling 6000lb trucks around like they were nothing. Dragging cars with locked brakes in the snow was a breeze.

I left the VW dealer after 6 years and 2 months to go back to school for software engineering. So, the car didnt really have anywhere to go after the dealer, It went to a BMW recycler, so its parts will help other iXs live on.

She was a great car and I loved her dearly, had her for many years but kids cant fit in there, and it would of been too much to get it back to legal.

I still have my mtech vert, though it has not seen the light of day for nearly 3 years (garaged, under a cover, surrounded by mouse traps and dryer sheets) The garage door doesnt work, so nothing can go in or out of the garage to harm it.

Soon the kids will be big enough to ride in the vert and I can take it out again.

On a side note, I restarted my 1/24th scale rc e30 m3 project... I am making lexan bodies soon and will be testing out some electronics for the cars.
I want to make a e30 m3 mini race track to bring to car shows.
http://www.zazzle.com/5nahalf/
Untucked diving board crew member 666
"I am that ass-hole doing 95mph in a blizzard"
ejohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #603
nomade30

E30: 91 M52
nomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you going to go to school?
It's not a bald spot, it's a solar panel for a sex machine.
nomade30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:11 AM   #604
Sirotto
Contributing Member

Sirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant futureSirotto has a brilliant future

How many kiddos do you have now? I stuff 2 of mine in the back of my e30 and the taco extended cab to their dismay all the time. My oldest who is five loves the cars though. I tote him around everywhere with me. Congrats on the family.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" -George Orwell
Old 06-04-2015, 11:29 AM   #605
ejohnson

ejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond reputeejohnson has a reputation beyond repute

2 kids, one is 3 years, the other is 1 year, so one of them is still in a rear facing car seat... pain in the butt to put into a e30.
My son

My Daughter

Right now I am going to school at Prime Academy, its a 18 week "boot camp" for software engineering.... so, 8am-6pm is my normal school day. No generals, just learning software and coding.
When I am out of school, entry level is around 60k a year here, within 4 years I can be up over 100k

I love my e30s, but I think I will just stick to the vert. Once I have money, going have a full engine built for it, 2.8, high comp, cam, the whole works. Then do a nice suspension upgrade along with some bigger brakes.

EDIT: cant believe I have been a member of here for nearly 10 years!

Last edited by ejohnson : 06-04-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #606
Sirotto
Contributing Member

Gorgeous children. Good luck with school and keep in touch.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #607
ejohnson

I will be popping in and out. Miss you guys!
Old 06-04-2015, 03:46 PM   #608
nomade30

E30: 91 M52
nomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond reputenomade30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnson View Post
Right now I am going to school at Prime Academy, its a 18 week "boot camp" for software engineering.... so, 8am-6pm is my normal school day. No generals, just learning software and coding.
When I am out of school, entry level is around 60k a year here, within 4 years I can be up over 100k
Yes the pay is nice, still haven't finished my degree and just got bumped up to 60k. Once I finish pay should go up to 75-80k (and I have plenty of friends making over 100k a few years out of school). I will warn you though, it's hard to be considered without a full 4 year degree (only reason I went this route), so utilize the employer/student events they have greatly. I know plenty of people that have done stuff like it and landed a job making just as much or more than me, but they do get stuck because of not being considered because there isn't a 4 year degree on their resume.
It's not a bald spot, it's a solar panel for a sex machine.
nomade30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #609
ejohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomade30 View Post
Yes the pay is nice, still haven't finished my degree and just got bumped up to 60k. Once I finish pay should go up to 75-80k (and I have plenty of friends making over 100k a few years out of school). I will warn you though, it's hard to be considered without a full 4 year degree (only reason I went this route), so utilize the employer/student events they have greatly. I know plenty of people that have done stuff like it and landed a job making just as much or more than me, but they do get stuck because of not being considered because there isn't a 4 year degree on their resume.
Yeah, this program has over 40 hiring partners that are beating down our doors for us right now
Most of them dont want a 4 year cs, they just want you to know what your doing.
Here is the schools web page.
https://primeacademy.io/

Edit, also my bro runs The Nerdery office down in AZ, and used to be the head of the UX dept here in MN. He can put in a word and I will have a job the next day if needed
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 06-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #610
95BMWic
Noob [Needs 25 to Sell]

E30: 1990 325ix Manual; 1991 325i Auto; 1991 325ic Auto
95BMWic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Erik - glad you checked in - I loved reading your posts..

I bought a 90 325ix a few years ago for my son and absolutely love it - used several of your postings for guidance..

On another note - my dad (and now my two brothers) are from Mound and I get up to the cities quite frequently - you mentioned a BMW recycler - is there an import yard around?
95BMWic is offline   Reply With Quote