e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Classifieds > The Store & Group Buys @ e30tech [Dungeon Motorsport]
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 06-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #111
Chris
Administrator

E30: '89 325iS
Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

10 more kits sold.

DungeonMotorsport
(424) 225-1982 | @dungeonmotorsport
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #112
Schneider325

E30: 89 325i
Schneider325 will become famous soon enough

Chis, never heard back about the membership/sticker refund.

LMK

thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #113
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneider325 View Post
Chis, never heard back about the membership/sticker refund.

LMK

thanks
Hey Jonathan -

The complimentary Premium Memberships w/ stickers are nothing more than that.

They are an added "thank you" to our customers for ordering correction kits, and are not meant as a way for customers that don't want the complimentary Premium Membership w/ stickers to ask for a discount in return for their rationalized dollar amount equivalents.

DungeonMotorsport
Old 06-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #114
Joez3
Noob [Needs 25 to Sell]

E30: E37 Z3
Joez3 is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I got the Toe/Camber weld-in kit from you Chris, and the reason I went with yours was because it's a machined part vs. bent.
Your parts arrived well and look fantastic.

Anyway, I just got it all welded in, and painted, etc... ready to install in the car, but I have a question.

On the Z3, the camber bolts you provided don't poke out past the back of the nut... meaning it's short a bit. What's your take on this?
Does anyone else have this issue? Being that the Z3 and E30's share the same subframe, I would think more people would have asked this... especially with all the kit's you've sold.

Please advise.

Thanks~

Joe.
Joez3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #115
Schneider325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hey Jonathan -

The complimentary Premium Memberships w/ stickers are nothing more than that.

They are an added "thank you" to our customers for ordering correction kits, and are not meant as a way for customers that don't want the complimentary Premium Membership w/ stickers to ask for a discount in return for their rationalized dollar amount equivalents.
touche. I'll pm you about the membership.

Thank you for the complementary items and fast service. I guess it'll actually be nice to have some inbox space. I just don't agree with having to pay for it and I feel like many others feel the same.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #116
Schneider325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joez3 View Post
Thanks! I got the Toe/Camber weld-in kit from you Chris, and the reason I went with yours was because it's a machined part vs. bent.

Anyway, I just got it all welded in, and painted, etc... ready to install in the car, but I have a question.

On the Z3, the camber bolts you provided don't poke out past the back of the nut... meaning it's short a bit. What's your take on this?
Does anyone else have this issue? Being that the Z3 and E30's share the same subframe, I would think more people would have asked this... especially with all the kit's you've sold.

Please advise.

Thanks~

Joe.
More info on this. Has anyone else had a problem?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #117
Chris
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joez3 View Post

Please advise.

Thanks~

Joe.
Joe -

Very glad to hear that you chose our product. Always happy to hear positive feedback.

Now, as for your concern, as long as everything has been installed correctly, there should be no issue tightening down the locknut to 57 ft lbs. It might look a little nutty hand tightened, but it'll look a lot different at 57 ft lbs.

Hope that clears things up a bit for you and any others that had a similar concern.

DungeonMotorsport
Old 06-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #118
Chris
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneider325 View Post
Thank you for the complementary items and fast service. I guess it'll actually be nice to have some inbox space. I just don't agree with having to pay for it and I feel like many others feel the same.
You are welcome, but please explain where you paid for the complimentary Premium Membership w/ stickers.

The pricing on the correction kits have been the same since their inception on August 11, 2009. And the Premium Membership w/ stickers became complimentary at the beginning of this month - http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=108

DungeonMotorsport
Old 06-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #119
Joez3
Noob [Needs 25 to Sell]

E30: E37 Z3
Joez3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Joe -

Very glad to hear that you chose our product. Always happy to hear positive feedback.

Now, as for your concern, as long as everything has been installed correctly, there should be no issue tightening down the locknut to 57 ft lbs. It might look a little nutty hand tightened, but it'll look a lot different at 57 ft lbs.

Hope that clears things up a bit for you and any others that had a similar concern.

Thanks Chris~ That was exactly what I figured... just wanted to make sure. This brought up one more question though. I plan to insert the camber bolts from the inner ends of the trailing arms, so I can pull them out later w/o dropping the subframe (like if I want to replace my rtab's again).. however, I can't imagine properly torquing the toe-nut properly when it's against the subframe bushing (trimmed IE green bushings). Any suggestions?

It looks to me if I insert the Toe bolt from outside-in, then adjustment & torquing it down seem simplified... at the cost of having to pull the subframe again if replacing RTABs. (I'm installing new rtabs this time... but just thinkin about the future).

What are most of your customers doing?

Thanks!!

Joe P.
Joez3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #120
Schneider325

Quote:
You are welcome, but please explain where you paid for the complimentary Premium Membership w/ stickers.

The pricing on the correction kits have been the same since their inception on August 11, 2009. And the Premium Membership w/ stickers became complimentary at the beginning of this month - http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=108
It was just a concern with charging members for extra inbox space This is not the place to get technical about product marketing, sorry dude. Thanks again tho, too bad my welder couldn't be as fast as you :P

Last edited by Schneider325 : 06-21-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Schneider325 is offline   Reply With Quote