e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > BMW E30 > Project Garage
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Limited Group Buy: E30 Rear Subframe Camber & Toe Correction Kits - $69 Shipped

Old 06-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #601
DMS
Contributing Member

E30: M-tech 1, S50B30 euro
DMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond reputeDMS has a reputation beyond repute

Concerning the valve cover:

I had the same issue with my M30 but a bit worse. I removed the plate and put some holes in it where it hit. Then cleaned everything and put the plate back in with rivets. Works like a charm. No issues anymore.
DMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:02 PM   #602
Giga Shadow

E30: 325i
Giga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Giga Shadow

Boost control is the best. you turn it up when you're pw goes down. Try to keep it flat and tq will be super flat to redline. Pulls and doesn't stop.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #603
euro2fast4u

E30: 1987 325e Turbo has arrived!
euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS View Post
Concerning the valve cover:

I had the same issue with my M30 but a bit worse. I removed the plate and put some holes in it where it hit. Then cleaned everything and put the plate back in with rivets. Works like a charm. No issues anymore.
I was going to do the same thing, however iirc it was the weekend before the race and i didnt want to screw with metal in the engine. Figured just adding oil would work till i had time to solve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Shadow View Post
Boost control is the best. you turn it up when you're pw goes down. Try to keep it flat and tq will be super flat to redline. Pulls and doesn't stop.
Yup thats the goal. I want a flat tq curve of about 500 ftlbs and see where the hp ends.

But the new ms chip in. had some issues getting the tune to work. I ran back into the rpm loosing signal at 2600 rpms.

Reflashed the chip a few times and started with a fresh tune seemed to clear up a lot of issues.

Then slowly compared tunes to figure out which one i could start with. Looks like im going back to 2016 but the car now starts and idles.

Goal this weekend is to get the ecu installed again and check on the wideband as that didnt seem to be working correctly. Once all these small issues are taken care of ill begin adding the features.
euro2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #604
Giga Shadow

E30: 325i
Giga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these partsGiga Shadow is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Giga Shadow

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...megasquirt-vr/
Old 06-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #605
inkk
Super Moderator

E30: A black one...
inkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond reputeinkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good work, get that boost happening!

I do Alpines
inkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #606
euro2fast4u

euro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond reputeeuro2fast4u has a reputation beyond repute

Well ran into a few issues this weekend.

Installed the ecu started idling pretty well. then bam lost rpm signal in the car and on the jim lost. Ended up forgetting to trim resistor leads that i installed a while back to fix the injector circuit DOH.

Got the wideband issue fixed was able to go about driving around town.

2 hours later 2 of timing added back in and a full tank shes almost back to where it was a few months ago.

Even felt ambitious and started to build the clutch switch for launch control and flat shifting.

The occasional exhaust leak is getting old. its not consistent ie all the time.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #607
euro2fast4u

have not touched the car in a while now. Just now finished moving, and about to move the car to the new place. havent raced in a few months now and seems i will miss next weeks race :/ I just want to rip on it

Last edited by euro2fast4u : 07-09-2017 at 08:07 PM.