e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > Forced Induction > Supercharging
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
bottlecape30

E30: Midnight black 1987 325 supercharged
bottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bottlecape30 Send a message via Yahoo to bottlecape30
Default Eaton M90 install, round 3

So i have been gathering parts for this for a while i plan to spend no more then $1000. I got an eaton m90 from a ford t-bird with the intercooler maf, bypass valve and a bunch of tubing on ebay for $250. I have an xs bov ( from an old supercharged saturn), afpr used $50. I bored out one of my many m20 intake manifolds and throttle bodys. i bought $10 worth of sheet steal to make brackets. i bought a singal v-belt pulley at 2.75 and a smaller one when it is time to turn up the boost ( both for $12.50).

so i still need to get some supercharger oil and do a rebuild on the charger at least a good cleaning. and some new tubing if i can't use what i have laying around. what kind of SC oil do i need to get for the m90? I tried to go to a GM dealer but they were closed today.

i plan to mount the SC in the a/c location but not sure as the noes on the eaton is kind of long so if i can't mount it there i will try above the alternator but, i would like it to go in the a/c spot as i have no a/c and i don't want to move my alternator to make room.

I will work on my mounting gear tomarrow as my brother said he would give me a hand. i will post pics at a later date after some progress is done.
Super chargers Rock
bottlecape30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 10-02-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
m4ff3w

E30: 86 325
m4ff3w
Send a message via AIM to m4ff3w Send a message via MSN to m4ff3w Send a message via Yahoo to m4ff3w

Go to a Ford dealership for the Supercharger oil.
m4ff3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #3
Dominic49

E30: 2x shitty 4 doors
Dominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dominic49

post pictures now of wha you have in hand.... I am in the proces of talking to my shops machine shop and seing what type of bracket work they can do.....
Dominic49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
bottlecape30

bottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond reputebottlecape30 has a reputation beyond repute

i rebuilt the m90 sunday and found the bearings were all shot so i splurged a little and replaced every thing even the rotors i managed to find a set of the newer epoxy coated ones for $55 from a local SC rebuilder because the epoxy coat had some small scratches in it. I will look at the ford dealer for the oil but i was told it is cheaper at a GM dealer, I will see.

I will try and get some pics of what i have Tuesday i have been real busy latly and have not gotten as much done as would have hoped. and every night when i get home from work now it is dark ( dosent make for good photos)
Old 10-03-2006, 11:46 PM   #5
Lucky

E30: 88 325 ib
Lucky
Send a message via MSN to Lucky

My buddy has a supercoupe and uses the gm stuff. cheaper
Old 10-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #6
bottlecape30

i have heard the same will see if i can find some time to get to the dealer to pick it up. thanks
Old 10-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #7
superj
Contributing Member

E30: none :(
superj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to superj

where do you oil a supercharger? i found an m90 for 100 bucks from a guy locally that was gonna put it on his car but chickened out. i was thinking of putting it on the ac side also but trying to run through an intercooler. do you guys think that would be a useful thing to do.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:19 PM   #8
bottlecape30

here are some pics of what i have done so far not much but a little each day helps.
this is a shot of the charger and the pulley i ordered i had to tapper the center bore to fit the press fit shaft on the m90, i all so had to make a spacer out of some derlin i had to keep it from rubbing the nose.

this is the afm and the harness extention i made from old afm parts it is so i can mount the afm so the blower will suck through the afm. the hosing is from mt brothers old honda civic.

this shoot is of the intercooler not sure if i will beable to use it but i will try

I mounted my afpr and rebored the intake manifold and throttle body.

this is what i have done the las t three days more to come.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #9
bottlecape30

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj
where do you oil a supercharger? i found an m90 for 100 bucks from a guy locally that was gonna put it on his car but chickened out. i was thinking of putting it on the ac side also but trying to run through an intercooler. do you guys think that would be a useful thing to do.
the m90 oil is self contained so there are no lines to run this is why i pick the eaton stye blower.
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 PM   #10
superj
Contributing Member

E30: none :(
superj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to beholdsuperj is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to superj

that is what i thought and that is the exact same reason i went with this brand of supercharger though i was hoping to get an m62. but, i am thankful to find such a great deal on this one