e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > Forced Induction > Intercoolers, Charge Pipes & BOVs
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #11
protomor

E30: 1987 325i, 1989 325i M50T
protomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to protomor Send a message via MSN to protomor Send a message via Yahoo to protomor

So are you boosted now or is it just mounted?

protomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #12
Q5Quint

E30: 89 325is
Q5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Q5Quint

100 more years later

Post Turbo Update

The intercooler has seen up to 12psi and normally goes with 8psi daily. Keeps intake temps down at ambient normally and only slightly more under boost.

I am sure I have some pressure drop across the thing bc it is so huge but the turbo comes in so fast it is negligable.

Only complaint is that I had to trim up the brake duct things to get around the 3" u bend silicone connectors for the charge pipes~ though you wont notice unless you are looking.

AC removed

If i were to do it again I would have found a slightly smaller intercooler (that was easier to fit in there) and fit it in a way that did not require so much charge pipe routing. I will find some more pics and a log of the intake temps to show you later tonight.

Check out my Turbo recipe!
Painted Bottle Caps
Intercooler Setup: 24x12x3"
Car Alarm/Kelyless Entry: How-To
Blitz Black DIY: Paint
3" Exhaust
Buy my stuff! For Sale!
Q5Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:30 AM   #13
XuRacing
Contributing Member

E30: -2 wheel 10 Second upgrade
XuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XuRacing

i'm getting old quint! haha looks nice

I just got my intercooler.... looking at your thread i am very discouraged!
I dont think its going to fit. I got a intercooler off a Skyline GTR R33

Its core dimmentions are 24x12x5.... with huge freaking endtanks... i am sure i will have fun cutting everything. I really dont want to take the AC out. Since it didint work for 5 years and i finally fixed the damn thing!

but still looking good!
***E30tech Facebook Group***
XuRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #14
Q5Quint

Q5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to beholdQ5Quint is a splendid one to behold

wow

hope you have a sawzall!

Might even require cutting some more important pieces than just the front valence~ goodluck and let us know how it comes out!

Painted Bottle Caps
3" Exhaust
Buy my stuff! For Sale!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 AM   #15
XuRacing
Contributing Member

XuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond reputeXuRacing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q5Quint View Post
wow

hope you have a sawzall!

Might even require cutting some more important pieces than just the front valence~ goodluck and let us know how it comes out!
Yeah its quite ridiculous. I dont know if i am going to cut my bumper I got the AV3 body kit. its brand new not even painted or primed yet. Not sure if i want to cut that just yet considering the amount of money i blew on that thing haha. But to give you a good idea of what this thing looks like. I have attached clickable thumb nails. The end tanks look a tad wide too... lol

hopefully this thing fits haha
Old 10-22-2007, 02:47 PM   #16
Q5Quint

Go big or go home

That intercooler looks like it will flow about 11venty billion hp

We should start a intake temp thread with logs of pulls, boost/map, and intake temps.

I still think my sensor is laggy so I will have to figure out why
Always something right? Dont be afraid of the saw either, its just plastic and metal!

Painted Bottle Caps
3" Exhaust
Buy my stuff! For Sale!
Old 11-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #17
Bryan

E30: 89 327i turbo
Bryan can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Bryan

Any chance you think you could have left your AC compressor in there?
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #18
Q5Quint

could have left the compressor.... even the condenser up front MAYBE, but the electric fan would have had to go. My ac didn't work so I just ditched it . It is usually snowy and freezing here in the winter and not much above 75 here in the summer so AC wasn't really too necessary.

If you want to keep your ac look at some of the setups that kept is as all my pipe routing etc was done with no ac components up front.

Painted Bottle Caps
3" Exhaust
Buy my stuff! For Sale!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #19
XuRacing
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q5Quint View Post
Go big or go home

Haha, it will suit the new motor quite well
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #20
GemCityE30

E30: 87 325
GemCityE30
Send a message via AIM to GemCityE30

post up more pics of your setups, guys!! bump from 2007 into the new decade. Im close to completing my turbo build and the intercooler is the main thing standing in my way.

Last edited by GemCityE30 : 09-01-2010 at 09:12 PM.
GemCityE30 is offline   Reply With Quote