e30tech.com Forums

Go Back   e30tech.com Forums > Technical > Forced Induction > Intercoolers, Charge Pipes & BOVs
Register FAQ Members List Sponsors Advertise Shop Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
M.Shalabi

E30: white 2dr 325i boosted
M.Shalabi is infamous around these partsM.Shalabi is infamous around these parts
Default without BOV???

Does it hurt running without any BOV?? DOES IT HAVE ANY BAD EFFECTS??
M.Shalabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Guest Message
Tire Rack - Pure Control
Old 08-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
nokicky

E30: 1991 325i M-Tech
nokicky is an unknown quantity at this point

It will just make a lot of noise when you back off or change gear. They're installed on factory cars so that they make less noise.
On a small engine though the BOV they are used to eliminate surge at low rpms.

I guess it all depends on the engine and amount of boost and then if you mind hearing a lot of fluttering....
nokicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
Grimmjar

E30: 350i
Grimmjar will become famous soon enough

You can do it with the TB before the Turbocharger.

1-7-5-11-3-9-6-12-2-8-4-10

powered by: Wizard of NOS
Grimmjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
protomor

E30: 1987 325i, 1989 325i M50T
protomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to protomor Send a message via MSN to protomor Send a message via Yahoo to protomor

protomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Dominic49

E30: 2x shitty 4 doors
Dominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond reputeDominic49 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Dominic49

if you like buying turbos alot dont run them
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
M.Shalabi

E30: white 2dr 325i boosted
M.Shalabi is infamous around these partsM.Shalabi is infamous around these parts

thanks guys...........its just a friend of mine running without one on his EVO since long time.....thats why i asked.........

and Yoshi cant u just answer like the gents did..? or u cant write?? please GROW UP.....
M.Shalabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
protomor

E30: 1987 325i, 1989 325i M50T
protomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond reputeprotomor has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to protomor Send a message via MSN to protomor Send a message via Yahoo to protomor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Shalabi View Post
and Yoshi cant u just answer like the gents did..? or u cant write?? please GROW UP.....

Sorry, I was going for imagery. I guess it didn't come across.

Not running a bov is like raping your engine in the ass. Hard gay (the gent in leather) is like the turbo charger, ramming air with his rock hard cock. When your engine (the bent over guy) closes the throttle body , it's like that guy tightening his ass (read: anal sphincter). This is essentially your engine saying "please, no more anal sex". The guy in the white shirt is you gleefully ignoring the engine's plea for help.

Normally, a bov or bpv, would be the turbo pulling out and jizzing all over the engine's back. This way, both your engine and the turbo conclude in an orgasm of pleasure (the sound of a blow off valve). But without it, your turbo tries to fuck your engine for yet another round of rough, and hazardous gay sex. The sound of your turbo's penis ramming into the closed asshole and not getting through is known as "compressor surge".

Are there any side effects? At first, nothing bad will seem to happen. But after a few ass poundings, your turbo's penis will start to bleed, his will to live will slowly die. A section of your turbo's penis (impeller fins) could get broken off and stuck in the engine; causing instant death.

Now some people are into that kind of kinky shit. Some engines will take it for years. Some engines will shit themselves instantly. Not running one is willingly letting your engine get raped. What kind of moron does that?

protomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
e30rock

E30: m3/4/5
e30rock will become famous soon enoughe30rock will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to e30rock

LOL... yoshi = analogy master
Old 08-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
DEG

E30: 325is
DEG is on a distinguished road

LOL at Yoshi!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #10
crazyrussian

E30: not yet
crazyrussian has a spectacular aura aboutcrazyrussian has a spectacular aura about

hahaha priceless
crazyrussian is offline   Reply With Quote